I am certain that you must have thought about practicing yoga due to a zillion of reasons. But have you ever considered to cleanse negative energy that depressingly affects you through yoga?
Of course, you must be aware that we all posses positive as well as negative energies. While positive energy affects our life positively, negative energy too can deeply impact our life and psychological well being. Therefore it is very important to cleanse such negative energies from our body. It helps to keep our body wholesome and uncontaminated.
So I looked into something where I was hoping to find some ways to clear negative energy. I was looking for some assistance or a solution. But guess what! the solution turned out to be YOGA. I know I know, you must be thinking, “Yoga, again? Seriously.” But what can I do about it! Yoga is wonderful because it has answers to all the problems of the metaphysical and physical world.
So go through the blog, and find out more about negative energy and how yoga can get rid of it.
How to Identify Negative Energy?
There would always be some indications that will tell you about the negative energy abiding in you or near you. Therefore, read the following points and try to know whether they exist in your life or not.
- When you are in the grasp of negative energy, nothing in life seems like a happy space.
- Negative energy is the energy that makes you and everything around you gloomy, uninterested, selfish, angry, egotistic, annoyed, depressing and self-centered.
- It makes you think about life as messy and chaotic.
- You start cutting people out of your life.
- It becomes regular to get engaged in some futile arguments and debates.
- You find it hard to pull yourself together every day.
- It kills your day to day joy of life.
The above specifications help to identify that negative energies are rounding you and tell you to take some action against it. Or to find ways to cleanse such energies. And what could be better to cleanse negative energy other than yoga?
Does Yoga Help?
I am unsure about it that you know this fact that, knowingly or unknowingly, we carry negative energies with us all the time. More often than not, we are unable to tell because we don’t know how to distinguish between the energies.
Well, yoga can help us in such critical situations. In fact; yoga helps to cleanse the negative energies in quite a few ways.
As the negative energies try to hold back your actual feelings and emotions, it causes stress and nervous tension. Further, it leads to more amassing of negative energies. Yoga helps to release such emotions that in turn reduce its impact.
Yoga Asanas That Help To Cleanse Negative Energy
There are some yoga asanas that help immensely in the removal of negative energy. In fact, the regular practice of such yoga poses can transform your life considerably.
The Fish Pose (Matsyasana)
One of the several benefits of the Fish Pose is it releases the latent emotions in your body. Besides, it-
- facilitates the conditions of stress and nervous tension
- improves the respiratory system
- helps to detoxify the body
- is known to help in letting loose your feelings and emotions
- helps to fight insomnia which relaxes body and mind
- brings back the lost equilibrium of the body
- helps to alleviate chronic fatigue
Steps to practice the Fish Pose:
- First of all, commence with the Corpse Pose (Shavasana)
- Breathe In and Put your hands under your hips
- Lean your head vaguely, keeping your upper body resting on the ground
- Hold this position for few seconds
- Breathe in and try to raise your shoulders, chest, upper back and head off the ground
- Get your head back on the ground gently
- Hold this position for few seconds
- Gently come back to the initial Corpse Pose
- Breath in, rest and calm down
- Do it again at least six times a day
The Reverse Prayer Pose (Viparita Namaskarasana)
The benefits of the Reverse Prayer Pose lead your body together to the path of freeing the body from negative energy. In addition, it-
- assists to maintain energy levels in the body
- helps in taking deeper breaths
- calms and cool restless mind
- is helpful to fight distress and exhaustion
- improves the functioning of respiratory organs
Steps to practice the Reverse Prayer Pose:
- First of all, commence with the Mountain Pose (Tadasana) and loosen up your shoulders
- Bend your knees slightly
- Get your arms at your back and join your palms
- Remember to keep the fingers pointing in the downward direction
- Turn the fingertips inwards in the direction of the backbone while breathing, and bring them to the upward direction
- Remember to press palms tightly against each other and keep your knees somewhat bent
- Close your eyes and hold this position for a few seconds
- Turn the fingertips down bit by bit while breathing out
- At last, slowly return to the Mountain Pose
The Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
The Camel Pose gives advance perception and insight to the practitioner. Regular practice of this asana-
- enhances blood circulation
- prevents hypertension and tries to keep the heart healthy
- releases heart chakra that allows great life energies to flow through the body
- improves body posture and helps in shaping up the body
- helps to expand the brain and body
- influences the thinking pattern
- helps to process all the covered up feelings and emotions
Steps to practice the Camel Pose:
- Go down on your knees and keep your spine upright
- Keep your legs hip-width away from each other
- Make sure your toes are pointing towards the back and resting on the ground
- Turn your thighs in inward direction while keeping your hips over your knees
- Breathe in, and start bending backward very unhurriedly
- Breathe out, and put palms of your right and left hand respectively on heels of your right and left feet
- Ensure not to overburden your arms or legs with your bodyweight
- Hold this position for few seconds (or as long as you can)
- In the end, come back to your initial position but very gently
The Upward Facing Dog Pose (Urdhva Mukha Svanasana)
The major advantage of practicing the Upward Facing Dog Pose is it helps to ease depression and fatigue. Moreover, it-
- facilitates the release of concealed sentiments
- assists to recuperate stress and strain
- improves the condition of asthma patients
- alleviates the pain of sciatica
- makes the spine stronger
- helps to stir up abdominal organs
Steps to practice the Upward Facing Dog Pose:
- Start with lying horizontally on your stomach
- Stretch the legs with the top of your feet on the ground
- Bend your elbows and stretch your palms on the ground next to your waist
- Breathe in and press your inner hands tightly hooked on the floor and try to push yourself forward
- While breathing, unbend your arms, raise your upper body and keep the legs off the ground
- Push the tailbone in the direction of the pubic bone and raise the pubis on the way to the navel
- Keep your shoulder blades downward while you lift up the top of your sternum (or breastbone)
- Try to look ahead straight
- Hold this position for few seconds
- At last, come back to your initial position
These were four major poses that you can practice and perform to get rid of negative energies. Some other asanas that you can try to eliminate negative energy from your life and body are Supported Headstand (Salamba Sirsasana), Standing Pigeon Pose (Standing Figure Four), Plank Pose (Kumbhakasana), Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana) and Pranayama.
Although you can easily cleanse negative energies through yoga, it is not an instant take. Yoga is a practice that needs to be practiced steadily. Above all, yoga will never disappoint you. You will always be improving through yoga. Therefore make your practice inclusive to your life. Do not make it a part of your life. Treat your yoga practice as essential as breathing and eating, something you can't live without. Thus I am sure no negative energy would be able to go through you.