Travelling to India for Yoga teacher training course with Chandra Yoga International? You may need this information...
- You will need a valid Passport and Visa to travel to India from most countries
- TRIPLE CHECK your expiration dates
- For travel from the US, check the US State Department website for information: http://www.state.gov/travel/ and apply for a Visa at www.travisa.com
- It’s usually worth paying for an expedited visa and getting the longer, 5 or 10-year tourist visa
- The Visa application will ask you why you are going to India…Choose: “travel and tourism”
- Use the following information for your Visa if coming to the Rishikesh location:
Name: Chandra Yoga International / Yoga Niketan Ashram
Address: Yoga Niketan Trust, Muni-Ki-Reti, P.O. Shivanand Nagar
State: Uttarakhand, Pin code: 249201, Country: India
- Use the following information for your Visa if coming to the Dharamsala location:
Name: Siddharth House
Address: Shivam Marg, below Yongling school, McLeod Ganj, Distt. Kangra
State: Himachal Pradesh, Pin code: 176219, Country: India
- You may wish to register your travel with the US State Department in case of an emergency- https://travelregistration.state.gov
FLIGHTS/TRAVEL TO AND FROM DELHI TO RISHIKESH
- We recommend flying into Indira Gandhi International Airport, in Delhi(airport code: DEL).
- Travel to and from the Delhi Airport to Rishikesh is your financial responsibility, however, we are happy to book a taxi for you. If you’d like for us to do so, please forward your flight info to us and we will confirm with you that a driver will be sent to pick you up. Look for your name on a sign at the airport. If you prefer to travel another way, it is your responsibility to arrange and pay for the travel separately. Travelling to India for Yoga
- Taxi from Delhi Airport to Rishikesh: 5-7 hours, ~USD 70.
If you would like to take an additional flight to shorten the journey time from Delhi to Rishikesh, you can fly from New Delhi to Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun. We can send a taxi to pick you up from Jolly Grant and bring you directly to our yoga center. This will take about 30-40 minutes.
FLIGHTS/TRAVEL TO AND FROM DELHI TO DHARAMSALA
- We recommend flying into Indira Gandhi International Airport, in Delhi (airport code: DEL), and then to Dharamsala /Gaggal Airport (airport code: DHM).
• Travel to and from the Delhi Airport to Dharamsala is your financial responsibility, however, we are happy to book a taxi for you. If you’d like for us to do so, please forward your flight info to us and we will confirm with you that a driver will be sent to pick you up. Look for your name on a sign at the airport. If you prefer to travel another way (train or bus), it is your responsibility to arrange and pay for the travel separately.
• Taxi from Gaggal Airport to McLeod Ganj: 40 minutes, USD 13-18.
- Deciding what, if any, vaccinations to get are a personal choice and decision. Please consult your medical provider. You may find useful – US Center for Disease Control and Prevention travel site: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/india.htm
- Some choose to get all, some, or none of the vaccinations listed.
- It is your responsibility to be aware of any health and safety alerts for the regions you are traveling. travelling to India for yoga
- Bring dollars, NOT TRAVELERS CHECKS. Exchange money or use ATM at the airport in Delhi. There are also ATMs in Rishikesh/Dharamsala. Be sure to alert your banks and credit card companies that you will be traveling to India.
- Rule of thumb: bring $100 for each week of your trip. This is plenty. You will not need that much unless you plan to make many souvenir purchases.
- Check the exchange rate at http://www.xe.com/ucc/
- If you are traveling with any type of electronics that will need to be charged (i.e. iPod, computer, camera, phone), you will need a travel converter for your chargers (DO NOT BRING hair dryers or curling/flat irons). Radio Shack or any travel store, including those in airports, should have the converter needed.
- Check with your wireless provider regarding international charges. To use wi-fi and avoid roaming charges, turn the phone to “airplane mode” on the flight to India and keep in that mode until you land home.
- Wireless internet is available in some spots in Rishikesh/Dharamsala and there are a few internet cafes. It is also available in your room and at certain times at the yoga school.
- Indian phones can also be purchased pretty inexpensively to make phone calls to other Indian phone numbers and to international phone numbers at a decent rate.
- While it feels necessary to “stay connected”, it may be nice to try to completely disconnect. Just keep necessary and emergency phone numbers with you and give family and loved ones the accommodation contact information noted above.
WHAT TO BRING
Pack lightly. Most people travel with one suitcase or backpack and a small, carry-on backpack that will double as your pack for outings. You will also find plenty of shops to buy inexpensive clothing and toiletries and may actually prefer to not pack much at all and simply purchase most of your necessities once you arrive in Rishikesh/Dharamsala.
- Pants (for yoga, town, travel, hiking)
- Tops (for yoga, short or long sleeved shirts for other activities)
- Scarf (you may wish to wait to purchase in India), for warmth and covering up (inside temples, etc)
- Outer layer (sweatshirt or light jacket/fleece)
- Tennis Shoes (something to hike and walk in)
- Sandals (most prefer flip-flops for the accommodations and in town)
- Hat, Sunglasses (the sun can be intense)
- Swimwear (Modest for everyone. Most will swim in their yoga clothes, but if you prefer a bathing suit, board shorts for men and one-piece with a cover-up for women
Notes about clothing:
- The key word for clothing: modest. While sleeveless yoga tops may be appropriate in the yoga hall, they will not be appropriate out in public. Tight yoga pants and leggings are also okay in the yoga hall but are not recommended when walking in public.
- Err on the side of packing lightly.
- Very affordable laundry service is available (women should be prepared to wash intimate apparel in their room).
- Several packages of travel-sized tissue
- Hand sanitizer
- Bug Repellent
- Shampoo, Soap, Lotion, etc.
- Nail clippers, tweezers, razor
- Travel packs of facial/body wipes
- Tampons (they are difficult to find in India)
* Bath Towel
A note about toiletries:
- Leave your hair dryers, curling, and flat irons, etc at home. Even with adapters, they will overheat and create shocks/melting. A wide range of products is available in India, including local brands you may wish to try.
Medical Supplies *These are only suggestions. Please consult your medical provider!
- Chewable Pepto-Bismol, Tums
- Broad spectrum antibiotic and antibiotic ointment
- Small travel-sized first-aid kit that includes band-aids and alcohol/antibacterial wipes
- Malaria pills if you choose to take them
A few notes about medical supplies:
- Consider providing us with a list of any allergies, special medical conditions, prescription medicines, blood type, and insurance card and number.
- Small purse or money belt
- $300-$500 in cash to exchange for rupees
- 2 photocopies of important documents (one for the suitcase, one for carrying one), including a copy of passport, visa, and documents with important phone numbers (i.e. credit card, loved ones, health insurance)
- 1 additional photocopy of passport and visa for your accommodation’s manager
- Reusable water bottle
- Journal, pens
- Spare bag for souvenirs (you can ship things home from Rishikesh/Dharamsala as well)
12 Aug to 08 Sep 2018 :: Total Seats 15
12 Sep to 08 Oct 2018 :: Total Seats 15
12 Oct to 08 Nov 2018 :: Total Seats 15
12 Nov to 08 Dec 2018 :: Total Seats 15
12 Jan to 08 Feb 2019 :: Total Seats 15
Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249192
12 Aug to 08 Sep 2018 :: Total Seats 10
12 Sep to 08 Oct 2018 :: Total Seats 10
12 Oct to 08 Nov 2018 :: Total Seats 10
12 Nov to 08 Dec 2018 :: Total Seats 10
12 Jan to 08 Feb 2019 :: Total Seats 10
Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249192
15 May to 11 Jun 2018 :: Total Seats 15
15 Jun to 11 Jul 2018 :: Total Seats 15
300 hour Teacher Training in Nepal Dates
15 Jun to 11 Jul 2018 :: Total Seats 10
Total Fee: USD 1700 (Course Fee + Accommodation + Meals)
Changunarayan, Chhaling, Bhaktapur, Nepal44600